St. Paul’s Hospital Millennium Medical College (SPHMMC)
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Announcement for enrollment to Family Planning Fellowship program
The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, SPHMMC, kindly invites all qualifying candidates to apply for a family planning fellowship for the year 2019G.C.
Background and General Information
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, SPHMMC, as mandated by the Academic commission of the college has started a family planning fellowship program in 2017 GC. The primary goal of this fellowship is to produce physicians who are competent clinicians, trainers, researchers, advocates and leaders in all issues related to family planning, comprehensive abortion care and broader reproductive health
It is a minimum of two-year program at the end of which candidates will become subspecialists in family planning. The training will involve clinical attachments, deductive trainings (seminars, tutorials, seminars), attachments abroad including a possible one year clerkship at WHO, Geneva (on a competitive basis), attending various local and international relevant conferences, and taking a supervisory role in training of residents, undergraduate medical students and related in service trainings. Fellows will be given an opportunity to earn a Master of Public Health (MPH) degree, through sponsored enrollment in to extension MPH program at SPHMMC. Fellows are also expected to conduct high standard research in RH as part of a requirement for completion of the fellowship and MPH. Through SPHMMC international partnerships, the family planning fellowship includes lectures, clinical and research training, and mentorship by visiting faculty who are global leaders in Contraceptive abortion and safe abortion.
One fellowship position is available for enrollment beginning September 1, 2019 G.C.
More information about the department and the fellowship can be found at http://sphmmc.gov.et/obgyn/.
- The candidate should be graduate from a recognized Medical School with Doctor of Medicine and specialty in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- The candidate must complete as screening process for admission to be conducted by the SPHMMC Obstetrics and Gynecology department.
- The candidate should produce two recommendation letters from their teachers or supervisors of their respective specialty training.
- Candidates must be citizens or residents of Ethiopia.
- The candidate should be registered and licensed to practice obstetrics and gynecology by the relevant authority in Ethiopia.
- The candidate should have adequate mental and physical health.
- Those who have MPH degree will be given priority.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged.
Applicants should submit application letter, letter of intent, recent CV, and copy of credentials including copies of degree, student grade report, and two letters of recommendation in a sealed envelope. Application may be submitted by paper in person to the registrar directly or electronically as attach scanned documents if submitted by e-mail.